How To Use A French Press/Cafetiere
Known as both a French press and a Cafetière the plunger pot method is an excellent way to make coffee.
- Place pot on a drip, flat, non-slip surface.
- Hold handle firmly and pull the plunger units straight up out of the pot.
- Boil water in kettle and wait until it is just off the boil.
- Heat the pot by rinsing in hot water.
- Heat cups by rinsing in hot water.
- Coffee measures: - Using one flat scoop of coffee 7g per cup serving.
(One scoop provided with equipment / 1 dessertspoon = 7 grams)
- Pour the ground coffee into the heated pot.
- Measure the water by using the coffee cup as guide.
- Pour water over the coffee (If filling - always leave at least one to two inches at top of pot).
- Stir well.
- Place the plunger unit on top of pot.
- Leave to brew for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Prior to serving lower the plunger unit slowly to the bottom of the pot.
- Serve immediately.